Friday, March 21, 2014

Island Park Winter Adventure

For Valentine's Day I got Mark a winter adventure to Island Park. We went at the beginning of March, and had TONS of fun! We got off to a rocky start with car trouble. I love my car, and we've never had any trouble with it, but we have been talking about it being time to trade it in for a new one. I guess this was a sign. There was a super nice guy that towed us to his shop in Island Park and gave the car a quick fix to get us through the weekend. I liked him a lot because he kept calling us kids :)! "We'll get you kids taken care of." "You kids enjoy your weekend up here." That's nice to hear since we've been feeling old and crusty lately.



We stayed in a cute little cabin at Eagle Ridge Ranch. We're totally going back over the summer, because they have horse back riding!


After we got our car fixed, and checked into our cabin, we spent the rest of Friday Snowshoeing. I LOVED it! I love hiking, and it was just like it, only in the snow. I'm totally hooked! We went on trails at Harriman Park.





It was a beautiful weekend. Everything was so pretty!
I went off the trail to get a picture of the trumpet swans. I eventually ended up stuck up to my waist. Mark had to come get me out :)! 
Trumpet Swans
While we were gone, Savannah picked Bailey up from track, and they had a sleepover. They may have had more fun than we did! They ate a lot, face timed Braydon, and watched movies until 2:00 in the morning.

Dinner at Carinos.
Hahaha!
I busted up laughing when Bailey sent me pictures of them trying to move the queen mattress up the stairs! 
I'm not sure how they did it, but somehow they managed!
Cute girls!
 On Saturday me and Mark went back to Harriman Park and cross country skied. At first I didn't love it,  but as the day went on and I started to get the feel for what I was doing, it grew on me. By the time we were done I really liked it! 





We had a great time! We want to bring Bailey up to try it all next winter.

No comments: