Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Week!

I loved having both of my kids home for the Thanksgiving break this year! It's been two years since that has happened! We had a great time, and it has me counting down the days until Sawyer gets to come home for Christmas break!

We kicked off the break with Bailey learning how to make pie crust and rolls! My friend Misty is an awesome cook, so she had Bailey over for an afternoon, and she taught her how to make a few things for Thanksgiving. Bailey made a chocolate silk pie, a pumpkin pie, and rolls from scratch. Im glad Bailey wants to be domestic, and I'm glad I have friends that can teach her how. She' sure isn't going to learn it from me! :)

Pie crust!
Her first attempt at rolls turned out great!
 Sawyer brought one of his roommates home with him for the break. Myles is from Minnesota, so it was too far for him to drive home. We loved having him here! He fit right in with our crazy family. We thought Stop Light Pizza would be perfect for the boys to experience. They loved it! What's not to love about a 34" pizza!


I've missed this guy!
 Bailey woke up early on Thanksgiving morning to run the Race to Feed the Hungry. She won a pie for wearing an awesome hat. She was also the 3rd female to finish the race. It was cold and snowy, but she had a great time!

We all braved the cold to watch her run!

Lots of BHS/RMMS runners ran the race. We saw Hannah, Ezri, Lexi, Jonah, and Stetson.
Yay for pie!
 Sawyer got pretty into working out at the end of his mission. He got even more into it after he got home. He is so dedicated! He wakes up at 5:00 every morning and never misses a workout. He even went on Thanksgiving day. I knew he was getting big, but I had no idea how big until I had him flex for me. Holy crap! I'd say his hard work is paying off!

Welcome to the gun show!
 Jessica and her roommate, Morgan, came over for Thanksgiving. It was fun having college kids here. We ate lots of food, and played games. It's during games that I realize how much I miss Sawyer's hilarious (and usually inappropriate) humor. He had me laughing so hard my cheeks hurt.

Pre dinner snacks! This part is Bailey's favorite!
Thanksgiving dinner-Morgan, Myles, Sawyer, Jessica, Bailey, and Mark. 
She's 16 and still does this! I had to ban her from the olives. She had already eaten a whole can before our company even got to our house! 
Our Thanksgiving crew!
 We kept with tradition and set up a puzzle when we were done eating and playing games. We did Sawyer's Texas puzzle. It was a good one, but Sawyer didn't help. I think he put in like 5 pieces. Me, Bailey, Myles, and Mason did most of it. Right when this one was finished, Mason and Bailey started another one! We finished that one in one day! In between eating and doing puzzles, we had a Rocky marathon. Mason had never seen them, and Bailey and I just don't think life is complete without Rocky, so we watched them all in anticipation for the new Creed movie! 

My puzzle champs!
Puzzle number 2 of the weekend! I won't let Bailey start another one until Christmas break. We get addicted, and can't just walk away. That needs to wait until there is no school work.
We had so much to be thankful for this year, but mostly that I had both kiddos home!

No comments: