Sunday, January 31, 2016

Happy Birthday Mark!

Happy happy birthday to my favorite guy! Mark got a Fit Bit Surge for his birthday, and just like me and Bailey figured, he's obsessed! Bailey cracks up because at the end of the day, Mark will be downstairs walking around the bar in the kitchen over and over again to make sure he gets all his steps in. So funny! He was jogging back and forth down the hall last night trying to break his record before midnight! We knew it would be the perfect present for him. :)

Sawyer was in Rexburg, and Bailey was in Pocatello watching her friends run in a track meet, so me and Mark went on a snowshoe birthday date. We explored some areas in Kelly Canyon. Probably not our best idea! We went on a 'trail' up a huge hill, where no one had gone yet that season. We had to make our own path. I would sink to my knees or waist with every step, and then Mark would have to help me out! It took us an hour to go one stinking mile! Once we made it off the big hill, we had a much more pleasant time. Talk about a good workout though! I think we only went about 5 miles, but it was so hard! Lesson learned....stick to the groomed trails when the snow is that deep!

Once the kids got home, we took Mark to dinner at Famous Dave's. He had a great day!

Happy Birthday! 
Kelly Canyon
It snowed on us a lot! 
28 years later, and I still think he's the best!

No comments: