Monday, July 18, 2016

Monument/Wind Cave Run

We were supposed to be spending the weekend hiking in Canyonlands, but Mark's work schedule was making it too hard, so we decided to stay home. Me and Bailey decided to go on a trail running adventure instead. We ran the Monument/Wind Cave trail. Bailey has hiked it before with a group from girl's camp, but I never have. It was only 5 miles round trip, so I thought it would be a piece of cake. I didn't get the memo that it was all uphill to the caves! Holy cow, it was hard! I had to stop and catch my breath a lot on the way up. That gave me a chance to take lots of pictures. The waterfall and cave made it a great destination. The run back down was so much better. We love to trail run, and Bailey is considering doing a 50K trail run for her senior project next summer. She won't want to do it alone, so it looks like I better get my butt in better shape!

The trail was beautiful!
She wasn't even tired! She was pretty patient with me and my stops along the way.
The canyon was gorgeous, and the wild flowers were in full bloom! 
We made it to the monument!
The cave is above the pretty waterfall. 
I've always heard a lot about the wind cave, but it's a lot bigger than I was expecting!


It was really cold inside! Next time we'll bring sweatshirts and headlamps and do a little more exploring.


No comments: