Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Fall Trail Running!

Mark and I have been LOVING trail running. I'm pretty sure Mark's addicted, which makes me pretty happy! We got a couple good fall runs in before the snow hit. 

Big Burns/Black Canyon:
This was our favorite run of the season. It was a 13.5 mile loop in the Kelly Canyon area. We hit the fall colors at just the right time. The pictures don't even begin to do it justice. So pretty! There was so much variety. Lots of fun water crossings, lots of uphill, and plenty of downhill. We would be a lot faster runners if I didn't stop so often to take pictures, but I really can't help it!

Steam coming off the river.

I loved the beginning of this trail. It looked magical!

There was about 10 of these water crossings. So fun!

I think we got Nate hooked on this too!



So pretty!







A big tree came down right across the trail.





Big Elk Creek:
We squeezed this run in right before the snow fell. We ran Big Elk Creek on a Friday, and woke up to 6 inches on snow on Saturday morning. This one was an 11 mile out and back trail. We ran along the creek the whole time, and it was beautiful!



Mark was standing in 2 states at the same time!



We're crossing our fingers that the snow melts, and we can get one more run in before winter. If not, we'll be breaking out the snow shoes!

No comments: