Monday, January 19, 2015

LASIK

I had LASIK done on my eyes. Actually, I had LASIK on the left eye, but I had a big scar on my right eye, so they had to do the old fashion PRK for that one.  It's so nice to be able to see! My left eye is great, and I could see really good out of that one right from the start. My right eye will take longer to heal. It's still a little blurry, but it gets better each day. I'm so glad I had it done!

Hahahaha! I had to wear these cute things the first day, and then at night for the next five days!
Much to his dismay, Mark was able to watch the whole process on a TV screen from the next room. He didn't really want to, but I wanted him to film it for me, so I could see what they did. He thinks it's so disgusting, and I think it's so cool! 

WARNING: Don't go any further if you're squimish! :)

This is a video of the PRK eye. Mark edited and mostly just shows the good stuff. He thinks it's crazy when they pry my eye open. They put a ring on part of my eye where they want the liquid to stay. Then they basically just scrape the top layer of my eyeball off! No wonder that one is a longer recovery! My eye was numb, so I didn't feel a thing.

This is the one they could use the laser on. They use a laser to create a flap. Then they lift up the flap of my eye, fix what they need to fix, and then put the flap down again.  Fascinating!

No comments: