Thursday, July 3, 2014

Oh The Places You'll Go!

Girl's Camp was so much fun this year! We have such an AMAZING group of young women in our ward! We stayed at a cabin in Palisades, and our theme was 'Oh The Places You'll Go!'

Day1: We arrived at the cabin and found it decorated with arrows showing all the places the girls are looking forward to going this year. After the introductions, the girls were sent on a treasure hunt. They found squirt guns as the treasure, and spent the next little while playing games with them. Then they did their 'skits in a bag,' and had to stick to the 'Oh The Places You'll Go' theme. They were pretty funny! Next we walked down to the lake and spent some time in and around the water.

The place Bailey wants to go this year is the state meet for cross country.
Our cute group of girls!
Level 3 girls with their awesome youth leaders! 
Squirt guns!
Skits!
We took some really fun pictures at Palisades Lake. This is one of my favorites! Shauri, Vanessa, Emily, Madi, Bailey, Tayler, and Hailee.
At the lake!
I tried to get a picture of the level 3 girls, and the nut head in the middle would not stop messing around. After about 6 tries I gave up! Could she be any more like her brother?!?
Day 2: This is the day all the girls were so excited about! We went rafting down the Hoback! It was so much fun!

Our rafting crew!
I love being at camp with her!
Group 1 getting ready to start down the river! I was lucky and got to go down with both groups!
Group 2 watching us go through Lunch Counter!
Group 2 is all set! 
We had some really excited girls in this group! It was such a fun experience!
Day 3: We planned to ride the Alpine Slide in Jackson, but it rained so they shut it down for the day. We were so bummed! We had a backup plan, and it was pretty fun. We gave each girl $5, and sent them out in small groups in Jackson Hole. They had 2 hours to shop and buy something for their secret sisters. They had tons of fun shopping. That night was also Bishop's Night. The Bishop brought up dinner, and the girls had their testimony meeting.

Jackson Hole!
My fun little shopping group! Tayler, Bailey, Marlee, Bailey H, and Madi.
Elk Kiss!
Day 4: Me and Bailey had to leave camp on Friday night, but on Saturday the girls ended camp by hiking to Lower Palisades.
I love my calling! I'm grateful I get to share these experiences with our young women. I love them all so much! I also love all the fun ladies I get to serve with. It was such a great week! We had awesome camp leaders, awesome priesthood, awesome youth leaders, and awesome girls!

No comments: