Sunday, July 27, 2014

Idaho Falls Half Marathon

Me and Bailey ran the Idaho Falls Half Marathon this weekend! We had been planning, and training for this one for a long time. The first 6 miles are downhill, so it tends to be a fast course. Bailey wanted to use this one to beat my best half marathon time. Unfortunately she's been sick for a few weeks. We took her to the doctor on Thursday, and she has a double ear infection and a nasty cough. She's on all kinds of medicine now, but she didn't start it soon enough to make a difference in the race. She was miserable and struggled through the whole thing. Brad was out on his long training run, and happen to meet up with her when she was having a really hard time. He ran the rest of the race with her, and that helped her a ton! He's seriously the best guy, and Bailey loves him! Most people would have thrown in the towel and not even attempted to run it, but she still did pretty decent. Not her best, but pretty good for the circumstances. She finished around 2 hours, and won her age group. I was worried about how she'd feel about it. She said she was not disappointed in herself, because she knows she did the best she could under the circumstances, but she was VERY disappointed in the timing of getting sick. We'll just find her another one to do, and she'll reach her goal. She always does!
On a happier note, I ran WAY better than I was expecting! I got my best half marathon time at 1:46:49.  I guess I just got happy feet and decided to push myself. It was a great day for me! 

Starting up by the windmills before the sun came up!
We did it! 
This is how I found Bailey within 10 minutes after we got home! Poor thing was miserable! She didn't even take her shoes off!
Our next big running event is GTR, and we're SO excited!

No comments: