Saturday, October 16, 2010

Make a Wish Run

Bailey and I ran a Make a Wish 5K this morning. We did pretty good considering I have been sick for the past week, and we haven't been running much since our half marathon. The run was to support a local wish kid named Jacob. His wish was to get a camp trailer for his family. He said even a used one would be great. The Make a Wish Foundation special ordered him a 2011 trailer! It was parked at the run. Jacob was so cute. He was the one who stopped traffic for us, and handed out the medals.

One of my family's favorite little girls is Emersyn. She had the pleasure of experiencing her own Make a Wish trip a year ago. She went to Florida and had lunch at Disneyworld with all the princesses. It's an amazing organization, and one we were very happy to support this morning. We felt very honored to be a part of Jacob's wish!


Bailey in front of Jacob's trailer.

This is Jacob, the little boy we were running for.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

You guys are awesome! Make a Wish is amazing. What a great wish.

Nicole said...

You guys are awesome. I love Emersyn too, although I never see her anymore! Enjoy the winter off of marathons - I know I would!