Sunday, June 23, 2013

To Bone & Back

We had the best day running the 'To Bone & Back' relay! It's an 8 member, 40 mile relay that goes out to Bone and back. It's a tough, very hilly course, but our team did awesome. Our team members were Becky and Byron Beck, Brett Waters, Brad Whitehead, Jim Hopla, Sam Skinner, Me, and Bailey. Mark was our team driver. Our team name was 'Not Fast Just Furious.' 

 Getting ready to start!

 Becky started us off with a great first leg.

 She handed off to Byron who ran the second and hardest leg of the race. It is 5 miles of BRUTAL hills. He ran the hills like a beast! We couldn't believe how fast he did it!

 We brought Elder Varvel along with us to help cheer.

 Byron handed off to Brett.

 Brett had a little of everything in his leg. Steep downhill, a little flat, and some uphill.

 Brett handed off to Brad.

 Brad had a hard leg to the bone store, but when he was done, he kept going for another couple miles, just for fun! 

 Jim had some tough hills too! He ran great!

 Here's the fan club waiting to cheer for Jim!

 Jim handed off to Sam.

 Sam used his mad cross country skills to bust out the second hardest hill of the course like it was nothing!

 Sam handed off to me!

I had the dreaded downhill leg. Five miles of downhill did my quads in. I was super tired, but I couldn't help laughing every time I ran by the truck! My fan club was the best!

 The first time I went by them, I saw some great dance moves. Then they lifted their shirts to show me this! I was cracking up! Too funny! Last time I ran this race, I got mooned by Kassie's tiny, fit in the palm of your hand sized butt. This time I got half mooned by bigger, hairy man butts! I was DYING!

 I handed off to Bailey.

 Bailey ran AWESOME! she passed eleven people on the last leg!

 She's a tough cookie!

 We all crossed the finish like together!

 Superstars!

 We did it! All finished!

Our team was crazy! I can't wait till next year!

No comments: