Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Happy Birthday to Me!

My birthday was great! I kicked it off a couple days early celebrating with my friends. Michelle, Becky, Misty, Lesa, and I had a dinner/movie night. There is nothing like laughing with those ladies!
 I spent my birthday doing my favorite thing....watching Bailey run a cross country race. That night my family took me to dinner at Johnny Carinos, and then I had my annual birthday scavenger hunt. It was hilarious like always! I forgot to take pictures of everything, so the next day I took some of my presents. I'm pretty spoiled!

My friends got me fun fall crafts for my house!

Bailey got me a yummy smelling pumpkin-apple candle, and Sawyer got me a gift certificate to a scrapbook store!

The theme of my scavenger hunt was 'running,' and it was pretty funny! I got loads of candy, a plant, my traditional Barnes and Noble gift card, and a smart fitness watch! I'm so excited about it!

Mark is a huge researcher, and likes to look into every detail of something before he buys it. So, the last present of my scavenger hunt was an envelope. When I opened it up, it had 3 pages. There was a picture of a smart fitness watch on each page, with all the pros and cons listed. I had to read through them, and pick the one I wanted. It didn't take me long to choose the Garmin. He went to the cupboard and pulled out the watch and gave it to me! I asked if he had all three of them in there, and he said he just had that one, because he was pretty sure that was the one I would pick. So funny! We planned a trail run for that weekend so I could try it out. I'm happy to say that I love it, and it's prefect for what I do!
The next week, my neighbors and church friends took me to lunch for my birthday. I'm surrounded by a lot of really great people!
I don't like getting older, but birthdays are sure fun!

No comments: