Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Father's Day

We love celebrating Mark! I knew exactly what kind of dad I hoped our kids would have, and they got even better! He truly is the best! I hope our kids realize how lucky they are to have the kind of dad that is 100% involved and supportive of everything they do.

We celebrated Father's Day with dinner and presents at Sawyer and Amanda's house. Amanda made him fancy pigs in a blanket and homemade mac n cheese. We call it Mark's death row meal, because it's what he would choose for his last meal. He gets it on Father's Day and sometimes his birthday. Amanda classed it up a bit though. 😂 Dinner was followed with presents. Pistachios and an awesome shirt from Sawyer and Amanda, and a tree saw and Dude's Day in the Mountains from me! 

Pistachios have been his favorite since he was a teenager.

He had to pick out his own tree saw, so I needed something fun to surprise him with. He gets to spend a day on the 4 wheeler in the mountains with Phil and Eric. Lunch and dinner included!

His tree saw is awesome, and he used it for a huge project on the farm. That will be posted with the July Cider Bend post.


His shirt from Amanda. Hahaha, I love it!

Mark redeemed his gift in Ashton and Island Park. The guys had a great day, and so did the girls! Phil and Eric were in the razor, and Mark was on the 4 wheeler. First they rode to Ponds Lodge for lunch, making a few scenic stops along the way. Then they rode up Sawtell, and around Island Park. They covered 135 miles. When they got back, we had a steak dinner ready for them. So fun!

Eric-Phil-Mark

You will never meet three better men!
Warm River Butte

The view from Sawtell Peak.


On top of Sawtelle.

They saw two moose!

While the guys were out playing, Joyce, Steph, and I were having plenty of fun ourselves. We did a 6 mile walk/jog on Joyce's road. Then we took the e-bikes to Teardrop Lake. I've never ridden an e-bike, and I had so much fun! We did 24 miles, and at first I was thinking there was no way I could go 24 miles on a bike. I haven't really biked in years. But since we could go so much faster on the e-bikes, it was a breeze. On the way out, I didn't have the bike assist me very much. Then I went full assist most of the way back, and had a blast! I cruised up the hills, and at one point, Joyce and I got up to 35 miles an hour. So stinking fun!

The flowers on our walk.

Riding to the lake.

I thought the dirt road would be hard, but the bikes made it so easy!

Cute little lake. We're coming back up to kayak it.

Tricia-Steph-Joyce

Selfie with Joyce coming around the bend. 😂

It was a fun way to celebrate our guys! Happy Father's Day Mark!

No comments: