Monday, October 2, 2023

Cider Bend-September

 September was stormy! We kicked off the month with a huge rainstorm that overwhelmed our gutters, and flooded the corrals. We've also had the best sunrises and sunsets this month.


The sky after the rain! 😍

A rainbow!

A Cider Bend sunset.

The days are getting shorter, so it's dark now when I do barn chores in the mornings. By the time I walk the animals, I'm usually treated to a nice sunrise.

Another rainstorm that flooded the corrals.

Another pretty sunrise.

In between all the lovely sunrises and sunsets, we've had a few visitors at the barn. Mostly just the unwanted kind.

This disgusting, giant hobo was chasing me in the corral.  πŸ˜±

We had a little snake visitor too, which Mark was not thrilled about. He looks really big in the first video, but he was actually really tiny and cute. 


We eventually caught him and put him outside.


Sawyer and Amanda came over to help us with a project, and we took a break to give the donks some love.


I love this next video. Clover looks extra tiny next to Sawyer, and she was loving all the attention from him.


Clover and Willow had their third farrier appointment, and they didn't do as good this time. Even Willow put up more of a fight than she did the last time. Hopefully next time will be better.


This is a low quality picture, but it cracks me up. Willow messes with the goat playground now. I saw her and yelled, "Willow, leave the goat playground alone." She looked at me and this is what she did. She's such a sass bucket! πŸ˜‚

Cutest little girls!


Clover and Willow are NEVER apart. They hardly even get a few feet from each other. I checked on them on the camera, and saw that Willow was sleeping inside, and Clover was sleeping outside. I wonder if they had a little tiff. They both looked cute napping though.

Willow looked so cute!

Cute little Clover napping outside all by herself. 

I spent a long time brushing them, and they looked so sleek and shiny.

Clover looks so different now that all her winter coat is gone. It's starting to get cold at night again, so I'm sure she'll be all fuzzy again soon.

I raked up a huge pile of the wasted hay that they don't eat from their corral. Right when I got the pile done, Willow laid down and rolled in it. πŸ˜’


She also won't let me rake without trying to steal the rake away. It's a constant game of tug-o-war.


Willow still loves to be raked. Clover always watches from afar, and never lets me touch her with the rake. I snuck up on her, and raked her a few days ago, and she realized that it feels really good. Now she follows me around waiting to be raked too. πŸ˜†


Clover and Willow had their vet check up and vaccinations.  Clover got a clean bill of health, and did so good with the vet.

Willow charmed the socks off the vet and her assistant. She has to go on a diet though. She's a little chubby, and needs to lose a few pounds before winter. Me too Willow, me too! I will be taking this very seriously though, because it can be very detrimental for mini donkeys to be overweight. It causes all sorts of problems. So less treats, less time in the pasture, and smaller meals for the girls.


My cutie Clover!

Sassy pants Willow!

Clover enjoying the sunrise on her walk.

Ginger, Roxie, and Dolly are still just loving life on the farm. 

When we first got the goats, they could all fit in this bed together. Now one goat barely fits. 😭

I love Dolly! She is the sweetest, and always looks so happy! She's even cute when she's chewing. 😊


Ginger just runs around trying to force everyone to play with her.


I let the goats out in the big corral for about an hour each morning. I usually spend about 15 minutes in there with them. It's so fun to watch them. They are endless entertainment.


I have no idea what was going on here. πŸ˜†


Dolly jumps in the cart the second I bring it into their corral. She loves it. So helpful!


Mark always has a branch in the corral for the donkeys and goats to eat the bark off of. The goats love playing with the branches.


We started a big project on the farm at the beginning of September, but it isn't quite done yet, so I'll wait and post about it once it's finished. I'll just say that Mark has been working really hard, and I'm super excited about it!

No comments: