Wednesday, May 8, 2024

April Running

April running was pretty relaxed. We start our big 28 week training block in May, so I just kept April fun, and kind of mirrored the start of our training program, so I could figure out what worked good as far as a schedule goes.

Women's Runs:

Earth Day is in April, so the women kicked off the run with plogging! We cleaned up a canal, and got so much garbage. We filled the back of a truck again!

Cleaning up trash on the canal bank.

It's amazing what 6 determined women can accomplish.

👏👏👏

The following week we did Henry Creek Road. We had a great night and saw lots of deer.




We were treated to a great sunset on the way home.

We had a very nice group run at Cress Creek, but we were all so busy chatting, we forgot to take pictures. I only took one of the bridge.


We also had an awesome self defense class in April, but I don't have any pictures from that. Lots of good info and skills refreshed that night.

Cider Bend:
I kicked off April with a 4 mile run around the farm. It was so fun to run by the donkeys; they would run along the fence line with me. 


Cutest little support group!


It was cold, so I had a warm electrolyte drink in my cute donkey mug when I was finished running. 😁

Cress Creek Canal:
I realized how co-dependent I had gotten when it came to running. If I had to go by myself, I would just hop on the treadmill. I made a conscious effort in April to get out on the trails by myself. I usually start when it's still a little dark out, so I freak myself out a little bit, but once I'm on the trail I'm usually fine. I had a great solo run in the Cress Creek area. 

It's so peaceful out right as the sun is coming up.


Bigalow's Beast X 2.25:
Joyce and I had a great morning climbing Bigalows! We went up twice, and then I went part way up a third time to meet back up with her. So hard, but so good!


Eagle Pass/Kepp's Loop:
We had an awesome, cold morning on the Eagle/Kepp's loop. I've missed running in this area. I have been really bad at taking pictures lately, but luckily Jenn got a few. We had a great group: Mark, Jenn, Amanda, Becky, and I.



Ski Hill Road:
Joyce and I have been doing hills together on Thursdays. We had a killer workout doing a steady state hill run up ski hill road. We had a hard 2 miles up, and a super fun 2 miles back down.


Deer Park Canal:
Mark, Jenn, and I had a great 8 miler on Deer Park Canal. We pulled into the parking lot and saw a moose! That's a good sign that it's gonna be a great morning.

A moose having a snack. 😀

We watched a lovely sunrise over the Butte.

Made it to the river, and then found a fun bonus trail.


Windmill Road:
Another great solo run on Windmill Road (not the actual name, just what we call it.)

Very moody skies this morning.

Foothill Road:
This was a new one for us. Mark, Jenn, and I did an 8 miler on Foothill Rd. We really liked this road, but probably only in spring and fall; summer would be way too hot. 

I love when the farm fields turn green.

Kelly Heart Loop:
Gotta a little more snow than we bargained for on this one. Between the snow and the climbing, it was a tough 6 miles! Great company though!

Ashlee-Tricia-Steve-James-Ashley

Part way up the big climb, we hit lots of snow.


The snow was really soft in the trees. It felt like running in deep sand.


Wolf Flats:
We had a great group run on Wolf Flats. Mark, Jenn, and I did 10 miles, and Ashlee, Ashlee, and Matt kept going for 12 miles. I ran with both Ashleys on the way out and realized I forgot to turn around at 5 miles. I had gone 5.25 when I realized it. We snapped a quick picture, and then I took off pretty fast to see if I could catch Mark and Jenn (who did turn around in the right spot). My easy run turned into a tempo run on the way back. I had to work hard, but I eventually caught them. It felt really good to get my legs moving, and I could tell my hill and speed training was paying off. 


This is the only group shot we got, and we were missing half the people. 😆

I did a lot of other running this month that I don't have pictures of. I did a couple other solo runs, hill work with Joyce, lots of speed work on the treadmill, and lots of runs with the donkeys (which will be in my farm post). It was a great month to work on some strength stuff, and get ready for our training program to start. Things are gonna get pretty structured in a couple weeks!

No comments: