Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day & Garage

Happy Father's Day Mark!

We had a great Father's Day! Mark got a GPS that we are all really excited about. We can't wait to try it out on our hiking adventure this weekend. The kids helped me make him a yummy dinner, and then we just had a relaxing evening.

I asked the kids what 3 things they liked best about Dad:
Sawyer
1. He's funny
2. He's nice
3. He loves me

Bailey
1. He always makes me laugh
2. He lets me work on projects with him.
3. He's easy for me to talk to





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My side of the garage is totally finished! Mark has worked on this for a long time. It's taken a long time because he doesn't have a ton of free time, and because he's a perfectionist. It turned out great! It's so clean and organized now. Totally worth the wait! All he has left to do on his side is the floor, but the weather has been terrible all summer. Here are a few pictures of his masterpiece!



He put epoxy on the floor. It turned out so good. It's so much easier to clean now. He has a squidgy and a mop, and it just takes a few minutes to have it looking great. We love it.


6 comments:

Nicole said...

What a cute tribute to Mark! I hate looking across the street to your garage - it makes ours look like the city dump- he does a great job keeping it clean!

Christina said...

NICE FREAKIN' GARAGE!!! I can only dream!! Anway, I totally want to post what my kids love most about there dad next year. Thanks for the idea. Oh- and I bet you guys would have fun using that GPS for this activity. http://theidearoom.blogspot.com/2009/06/geocaching.html
Hiking involved too:)

Jen said...

I LOVE Mark's funny face!!!!! =)

Kassie Temple said...

The floor looks great. I wonder who supervised the sprinkling of all the flakes.:) I am glad to see that he FINALLY got the sink put in.

The Dodson Family said...

Mark I have a job for you in Lakeside. Great job on the garage!!!!

emmadee said...

Ok so i saw the garage today, and it was AMAZING!!! Way to go!!!