Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm So Proud of my Kids!

Bailey came home from the last day of school SO excited. They had an awards assembly, and she made out pretty well. She is a HUGE reader, and also a little competitive. They had a school-wide challenge to see how many AR points the kids could get. Bailey took this VERY seriously. At the assembly, she got a trophy for having the 2nd highest points in the whole school. She ended up with 375 points. The only person that had more than her was a 6th grade girl. She got a trophy because they were amazed that she did that as a 3rd grader! She already has her sights on next year. She also had a nice surprise when she was awarded 'Student of the Year' for 3rd grade. She loves school, loves learning new things, and loves being challenged. We are so proud of her!





Sawyer had an AWESOME track season. We were so sad when it was over. I have some of his stats:

100m best time: 12.03
200m best time: 26.15
4X100m relay: 2nd in districts
School record
4X200m relay: 1st at City Meet
1st at Districts
School record
Fastest middle school time in the state (WhaaHoo)!

Sawyer got an award for being the 3rd highest point scorer of his team. It wasn't the award that made me so proud of him, but it was what the coach said about him. His coach said, "Sawyer is great, but he doesn't always get the recognition he deserves, because he is so quiet about being great." I love that!










Sawyer's school also had an awards assembly the last week of school. Sawyer got an award for the Honors Society, and he was picked as one of the top History students. Way to go Sawyer!

8 comments:

Cris said...

Way to go kids! I love it when our kids excel in anything...makes me cry cause I'm such a boob about everything! They are also a reflection of us as parents-with that in mind, good for you and Mark. Keep up the good work!

Ashlee said...

WOW! What awesome kids you have:)! That really is incredible that Bailey had so many points. And way to go Sawyer on his track! COOL COOL COOL! What a fun post! You should be very proud of them!

Christina said...

Wow Tricia!! You guys just have it all together, don't you? You definitely should be proud. And I agree that humility is the better quality than the speed, but those records are great too!! Sounds like they have successful lives ahead of them both.

Kassie Temple said...

I am so proud of my little nuggarts. They are such smarty pants!! They must get it from you. We all know Mark.:)

Lisa said...

wahoo!!! That is awesome!!

The Dodson Family said...

Wow both kids take after their parents...smart and athletic! I know the kids really dont' know me, but let me know I am so proud of them. Sounds like you guys need an award for being such great parents!! :)

Jenni said...

Wow! Wanna swap kids for a couple of years? ;) That is awesome. They are both so cute!

Nicole said...

You do have great kids!!