Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Mrs. Varvel"

I have had the FANTASTIC opportunity to have a long term subbing job at Falls Valley while Mrs. Allen, a 6th grade teacher, was out on maternity leave. I was in the class for the whole 3rd term of school (8 weeks). It was A LOT of work, but so fun and rewarding. It doesn't take long to love these kids. I had the best homeroom class. The kids rotate through 3 teachers for 6 subject blocks each day. I taught English to my homeroom class in the morning. Then I taught Reading, Math, and 3 blocks of Western Civilization at the end of the day. My 8 weeks ended yesterday, and I am so relieved. Although it was a great experience, I will be glad to focus on my family more now. I know from this experience that I picked the right major in college. I love teaching. I love subbing too. I will continue subbing at Falls Valley, for as long as they need me.


My homeroom class

There is a 'no writing on the white board' rule, but the kids ignored the rule to write me all kinds of cute messages on my last day. Every time I turned around, they would try to be sneaky and leave me a note. I just pretended I didn't see them :)! I will sure miss these little kidlets!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

aahhh! How fun! It sounds like you had a great time. I can see you being a fun teacher! I'm sure it'll be nice having a little break...well, until they call again on monday :).

Jenni said...

I love the messages on the board! I'm sure the kids will miss you lots.