Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving!

We had an AWESOME Thanksgiving Holiday. We kicked off the week with a blizzard warning! We were advised not to leave our houses because there would be white out conditions, and terrible roads. We didn't heed the warning....a new Harry Potter movie will trump a blizzard every time :)! We made it to the movie, and we all loved it. That night, I had an all night scrapbook get together with friends. Friends and scrap booking are two of my favorite things!
Thanksgiving day was nice and relaxing. We spent the day at home eating lots of yummy food, looking at black Friday adds, playing games, and relaxing. That's my kind of Thanksgiving. We're glad we decided not to travel like we had originally planned. The roads were terrible!

Nothing says Thanksgiving like ten fingers full of olives!

Bailey really wanted to get in on the black Friday excitement this year. I wouldn't take her to any of the really crazy stores like Wall-Mart. I didn't want her to get trampled. But, we did stand in line outside of Hastings in 10 degree weather for the good book sales. She's a girl after my own heart!

We kept our puzzle tradition alive. We start one every Thanksgiving, and the goal is to have it done by Christmas. Just like always, we had it done in a couple of days. None of us can walk away from it, so we stay up late every night working on it. I got my love of puzzles from my Grandpa. He used to always have one going in his attic. He gave us a lot of his old ones, and that's one of the ones we did this year. And yes, my family is a bunch of goobers! I have finally given up on even trying to get a good picture of them anymore. Someone (usually Sawyer) HAS to be pulling a face. Gotta love it when they all do it :)!

My friend Jenni gave me this fun recipe. You make your own ice cream with the snow. It's so quick, easy and yummy!
4-5 cups of clean snow
1 cup milk
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
Mix the milk, vanilla, and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Add the snow and stir until it looks like ice cream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’ve meant to post about something like this on my webpage and you gave me an idea. Cheers..