Thursday, March 24, 2011

'Date of the Month Club' Update:

For Valentine's Day, I enrolled Mark in a Date of the Month Club. He got to pick from a big list of dates: one 'at home' date, and one 'out and about' date for each month. We've had two fun months of dates, so I thought I'd do a little update.

Baby it's Cold outside
I stole this idea from my very clever friend Jenni.

I left this note for Mark inviting him to our date. I even left him a comfy new pair of pajama pants :)

We had homemade hot chocolate and yummy Cocoa Bean Cupcakes.

While we enjoyed out treats, we made indoor snowmen. Mine is the cute one on the left. Yep, that means Mark is the one who created the very tacky Madonna snowman (complete with shiny, silver boobs).

Then we played some of our favorite games from our dating years. I don't want to brag or anything, but I will just briefly mention that I won EVERY SINGLE GAME!!!

Bookstore Date
For this date, we spent a very relaxing evening browsing Barnes and Noble. We each got a treat from the cafe, and picked out a book. I seriously could live in that store. I LOVE it! This will be a repeat date for sure.

The whole time we were there, I browsed hiking books. That gave me major spring fever. I can't wait for the hiking season to get underway. I finally settled on the Hiking Idaho book. I already have our first hike of the season planned. Craters of the Moon it shall be!


Mark has been spending a lot of time practicing the guitar. He got this guitar book. I guess that means that I'll be the only one in the family with no musical talent. That's okay, I'll just manage the band :)!

Puzzle Night
This was one of the surprise dates Mark picked.

I left him this note about our date.

I ordered a puzzle of us! It was so fun!

Almost done! Bailey kept sneaking downstairs to see how our progress was coming. It took us about 2 hours to complete it. It's a picture of us from our 10 year high school reunion.

The completed project!

Reach for the Sky
This date was super fun. I'm glad he picked it. We went indoor rock climbing. We had never tried it before, so we thought it would be a fun adventure. We want to go back with the kids. They would love it.

Here's the cute rock climbing shoes we got to wear.

Here's Mark all ready to start. We started out in the kid section :)! I would have been fine staying there the whole time, but Mark wanted to be a little more adventurous.

So, here he is climbing the big one! For being scared of heights, he did really good. This was the highest you could go, but not the hardest. He tried a harder one, but our arms and hands were tired, so he only made it part way up.

There's me at the very top.

We've had a lot of fun on our dates so far. I'll update again in a couple more months.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Love these ideas!! Please keep sharing!!

karly from [kar[+]wade] said...

I love this!! So cute!!!

Nicole said...

So Fun!

Lisa said...

you guys are too fun! What a great idea!