Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Girl's Camp: Look Up!

Girl's Camp was AMAZING this year! The stake went to Darby, and instead of camping together as wards, we camped together as levels. Bailey was a level one, so she was with all the 12 year olds in the stake. I was the level 4 leader, so I had all the 15 year olds in the stake. It was life changing for most girls and leaders. I LOVED it! Bailey will start middle school knowing tons of girls now, and I got to know so many incredible girls from our stake.
Our camp theme was LOOK UP, and each level had a branch off of that. Level one was LIGHT UP, level two was LOOK UP, level three was STEP UP, level four was CHEER UP, and the stake was THUMBS UP.

 Some of the first year girls anxious to leave for camp. Brooklyn, Hannah, Marlee, Madi, Annie, Emily, and Bailey.

 My beautiful level four girls ready to go camping!

When we got to Darby on Monday, we had to set up really fast, because the level four girls were heading to Badger Creek for the adventure part of our camp. We had 70 people at Badger Creek and it was a blast! We divided into 5 groups. My group was so much fun! They were all so daring and brave! We did the giant swing and the jungle gym. Every girl tried both activities. I was so proud of them!

 Level one girls in the lodge. 

 Bailey in her tent.

 Our cute secret sister buckets!

My awesome Badger Creek group.

 Bailey and Elmo writing scriptures on the poster in the lodge.

Tuesday we worked on crafts and certification. We had skit night in the lodge. They were the best skits I've ever seen at camp! My level four girls were hilarious! Since our theme was cheer up, they did a skit called, So You Think You Can Cheer. They had a cheer off between 3 groups. I was laughing so hard! The level one girls went last, and they rocked the house! Their theme was light up, so they turned off all the lights and put purple fabric over their flashlights. Then they rocked out to Firework, and What Makes You Beautiful. At the end they shot confetti and glitter guns, and threw tons of candy. It was awesome!

 Cheer off: The awkward group

 Cheer off: The snobby, stuck up group

 Cheer off: The happy, bubbly, nice group

 Bailey's skit was so awesome! It was hard to get good pictures, because the lights were off the whole time.

On Wednesday we hiked. Bailey did the Aspen hike, and my group did Tablerock. Mark was a priesthood leader in my camp on Tuesday and Wednesday, so he got to hike with me. We had a great time. My group did so great. Tablerock was a 14 mile, extremely hard hike. I was so proud of all my girls!

 Starting Tablerock


 Standing on the top of Tablerock with the Grand Teton behind them.



Wednesday night was Stake Spiritual Night. It was by far the best one that I've been to at camp. The youth leaders did an amazing job of talking about their own personal sacred groves. Then they sang a song that was written just for our camp called Look Up. There was hardly a dry eye in the room, and the spirit was so strong. I kept thinking how grateful I was that Bailey was up there to experience that.

On Thursday, the stake arranged a Free to Chose time. The girls had a few hours to go around to 5 different activities. There was zumba, a humanitarian project, making headbands, minute to win it, and pop top bracelets.

 My awesome youth leaders: Madi, Kassidy, Lauren, Mikayla, Madi, Jessie, and Jessica. 

 Headbands

 Zumba was a big hit!

Thursday evening was Bishop's Night. The Bishop brought us dinner, and we played some fun trust games. Then we went back to our levels and had testimony meeting.

On Friday morning we packed up camp and then went to closing ceremonies. We all went to the meadow and they had balloons for each level. We sang the Arise song one final time, and then let off our balloons.

 Level one had purple balloons, and my level was green.

Always look up!

2 comments:

Gonzales Family said...

It looks like you guys had such an awesome time at camp! I wish I could have been there! xoxo Lindz

quailene said...

Our girls camp theme this year is look up and press on. Is there any chance you still have the lyrics/music to the look up song you mentioned? If so, would you be willing to share?

Thanks
Quailene@gmail.com