Friday, May 24, 2013

Congratulations Class of 2013!

Honors Banquet
Sawyer had his honors dinner and awards banquet. He received his honors chords to wear at graduation. The best part about this was a conversation we had on graduation night. It went something like this:
Me- Sawyer, why didn't you wear your honors chords at graduation?
Sawyer- I didn't know I was supposed to.
Me- What did you think they were for?
Sawyer- I had no idea. I thought they were kind of a strange gift. Makes a lot more sense now.

I seriously about died! No one will ever be able to fill my entertainment void once he's gone!



Seminary Graduation
Sawyer has loved his four years of Seminary. It is one of the main things that has prepared him so well for his mission. He served on the seminary council his senior year. They had a nice graduation program for all the graduates. Sawyer spoke at it, and did a great job. He talked about some of his favorite seminary memories, and one thing he learned each year. The thing that touched me the most was when he said he hopes his eternal companion is a lot like Emma Smith. He has come to respect and admire her, and she is one of his heros. We're super proud of this guy! Good job Sawyer!


 Sawyer and Andrew


Bonneville Missionaries
After one of the graduation rehearsals, the kids went out to the seminary building and watched a video of all the boys opening their mission calls. These are most of the Bonneville guys who already have their calls, with so many more waiting to receive them. They are awesome guys that will be great missionaries. I can't wait to hear about all that they accomplish!


Graduation
Congratulations to the class of 2013! Sawyer graduated from High School! It's really kind of hard to wrap my mind around that. He had a great four years at Bonneville! I'm so grateful for the good kids he surrounded himself with. I will miss all the experiences that come with having a high school student, but I can't wait to see how the next few years of his life unfolds. Congrats Sawyer! We love you and are very proud of you!

Graduation announcement

All ready to graduate!

 All the guys that have already received their mission calls decorated their caps.

 The graduation march.



 Sawyer receiving his diploma!

 Throwing their caps!

 I love this picture so much! Sawyer and Andrew have been best friends since elementary school. It's crazy to think that in a few weeks they will be in different parts of the world preaching the Gospel!

 She's proud of her big brother! She has been trying not to think about him leaving, so she can enjoy each of these moments with him.

 He has a proud Grammy and Papa!

Andrew, Hailey, Sawyer, McKenzie, and Dani
I wish we could have gotten a picture of him with all of his friends, but it was cold, windy, and crazy on the field.

 Melissa and Sawyer

 Our little family. I can't imagine what life is going to be like without all four of us together.

Congratulations! Go Bees!



No comments: