Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Cross Country Tablerock Hike

We took the cross country team on the Tablerock hike. We had 21 runners, and 8 adults. Everyone did so awesome! I usually do this hike with the young women for camp, and it's always a challenge to get everyone to the top. It was a totally different experience doing it with a group of runners! The hike was 10 miles round trip. we went up Face, and down Huckelberry, so the first 4 miles were straight up the side of the mountain. It's a really hard hike, but they made it look easy! They blazed up the trail! Such an awesome group of kids! They're fun, helpful, happy, positive, hard working, encouraging, and so many other great things! I would hike with this group anytime!

Ready to start!
Going up Face. 
We were only 2 miles up at this point, and had already climbed so much!
Spencer, Matt, Kai, Ethan, Kyle, Dallas, Alex, Gabby, Megan, Bailey, Mason, Parker, Dillon, Hannah, Natalie,
Rachel, Easton, Holly, Zack, Austin, and Ezri
It was cold and windy on top, but you can't beat the view!
On the top! 
Mason and Bailey
Mark and Tricia 

I'm so glad he's always willing to take time off work, or do whatever it takes to help me with all my crazy ideas!
Taking a break while we filter water. 
I love hiking with Bailey because she makes the best sound effects along the way. The water crossings are especially great!
They're the cutest!
We saw a mamma moose with twins right in this area! 
We made it!
I love coaching these kids over the summer! I can't wait to see what adventure we come up with next!

No comments: