Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had a great Easter. The sun was shining, so for the first time in quite a while, our egg hunt was outside. I got up at 6:45 to take the puppy out to the bathroom. I forgot about the eggs, so I spent the first part of my morning chasing Reeses around the backyard trying to get the eggs from her. It was pretty funny :)! The kids woke up and looked through their baskets. Bailey got a bucket of beads that you make designs with. After the designs are made you iron them, and they melt together. She loves them, and spent most of her day doing that. She also got the cutest apron. It's black and white with hot pink trim, and says 'Domestic Diva' on the front. It's perfect for her, and she looks so cute in it. Sawyer got the newest Fablehaven book, and a Brian Regan DVD in his basket. He was really excited. Then it was off to hunt eggs. This is when Bailey's competitive side comes out. She has to be the first to find all of hers, but then she gets mad when Sawyer won't let her help him find the rest of his. Church was great. I taught the Young Women the Easter lesson. It was nice for me to get to reflect on the real reason we celebrate Easter, and to share that with them.











Happy Easter to everyone!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

Yet another reason that dogs are just a big pain in the butt!:) I can imagine you chasing after her! I'm glad you all had a great Easter. The kids look great all dressed up. Bailey is gorgeous! We need to get together soon!

Scott said...

Baily and brooklyn could be cousins! Brook would literally grab all the eggs including Chloe's and not feel the least bit bad about it if we let her.

Lisa said...

What a great Easter!!

Nicole said...

Oh, that's funny about Reese's and the eggs! I might have to borrow that Fablehaven book from Sawyer :)

Christina said...

Oh my gosh- I'm so behind on commenting on blogs. I'm getting worse all the time. Your kids look adorable in their easter attire. It's nice to see others don't have santa come instead of the easter bunny too. A few small things is perfect and plenty.