Saturday, April 18, 2009

Party Like a TRACK Star!

Sawyer had his first track meet of the year against Rigby. Rocky Mountain did awesome! The boys and the girls won. Sawyer did an amazing job. He won all 4 of his races. I LOVE watching his track meets. I get excited the whole day of the meet. I don't care if it's hot, cold, raining, snowing, or windy, I'll be sitting in the stands. I love track, and I'm SO glad Sawyer does too :)! We filmed his races. Enjoy!

This is the 4X200 meter relay. His team was a little nervous about their hand offs, but they did great! Sawyer is the 3rd runner.

This is the 100 meters. Sawyer's time was 12.03.

This is the 4X100 meter relay. Sawyer was the anchor in this one.

His last race was the 200 meters. He shocked everyone in this race, especially his coaches. It was SO close, but Sawyer just turned it on at the end, and passed everyone. He did a great job, and we are so proud of him.

9 comments:

Ashlee said...

Wahoo!!! Good job Sawyer!

Christina said...

Yeah Sawyer!! Sounds like he has a perfect trainer...his mom. Ya- Ashlee just informed me that you are quite the track star yourself. I bet it's so rewarding to see you child succeed at something that you love too!:)

I'd love to go to one of those track meets someday.

Kassie Temple said...

I am so proud of my little boyfriend!! I can't wait to freeze my butt off and go to a meet with you!

Nicole said...

Wow, he's good. I think track would be fun in a warmer city - track in cold weather is miserable! I hope the weather keeps up for him.

Eric, Kris, Kate & Emma said...

Following in the footsteps of Mom & Dad!

Lisa said...

Awesome!!!! Way to go!!!

Scott said...

Sawyer you are a flip flopin speed demon and we are so proud to call you the rigby bully!

Jenni said...

Amazing! How fun that you get to go watch his meets!

The Dodson Family said...

Good Job Sawyer!! Just like mom and dad. Wow Tricia it makes me want to break out the old videos my parents used to take of us! What great times we had! I hope Kira or Konnor do track someday too.