Thursday, July 15, 2010

Freshman Track

My intention was to do this track post when the season ended at the end of the school year. But, right when school got out, we left for vacation, and then I forgot. So, better late than never.
Sawyer had a fun freshman track season. It was a little frustrating for us as parents, because most of their meets were far away, or they got rained out. I felt like the coaching was more serious in Jr. High, so that was frustrating too. Sawyer sprinted for Bonneville. He tried the 400 this year and did great at it. He only ran it a handful of times, but each time he did it, he improved a ton. I think that will be a great race for him next year. I also think he might try moving up to mid distance, which would be AWESOME! I didn't get very many pictures, because it was always to dang cold or windy. That's the joy of track in Idaho!



The 400

The 200

The 100
Sawyer ran the 100, 200, and 400. He also ran the sprint relays with the Freshman boys. Most of that team carried over from last year, and they were awesome. In the 4X200, no one was even close to them. That will make a great varsity relay team for Bonneville in a couple years. Way to go Sawyer!

2 comments:

Kenfrizz said...

my new blog is dancingsewingmachine.blogspot.com
-kenna frisby

Jenni said...

Yay Sawyer!