Monday, August 22, 2011

Got Mud?

The Mud Run is one of my favorite meets of the year! This year was extra fun, because Bailey got to run it too. Even though she is only in 6th grade, she's going to run with Rocky Mountain Middle School for the cross country season. I'd say she started off the season well....SHE WON! It was so exciting! And Sawyer's team got last, which is what they try to get every year :)! They also won muddiest team for the 2nd year in a row.

Bailey and Emma before their race started.

The first time through the mud.

Bailey was toward the front of the pack when they went through the mud the first time, and she did great up the sand hill and across the sand ridges. When she came off the hill, she was in 3rd place. I was freaking out! I asked her if she knew that she was in 3rd place, and she nodded yes. She had that look in her eyes that she gets, and I knew she was going to go for it.

The second time through the mud, she moved into 2nd place, and I knew she was going to win it!

Coming into the finish line. She won by at least 30 seconds!

She ran her little heart out! I am so proud of her! She won her first middle school race, and she isn't even in middle school yet!

Emma got 4th place, and she's a 6th grader too! These two are going to be quite a team.

Happy to be done!

The whole Rocky Mountain girl's team.

Showering off.

Here's Bonneville's team before their races started.

Seriously the funniest picture EVER! Man I love this guy!

Going up the sand hill. They secured last place at this point, so they were all happy :)!

The traditional jump off the hay bail!

Sawyer and Reynold.

They were swimming and back stroking through the mud. I love that the whole team stays together.

Wow!

This was their last time through the mud. They were running in slow motion to the finish line.

Sam dragging Sawyer across the finish line.

All done!

The boys won a mud pie for getting 'muddiest team!'

Now that the fun meet is over, we are ready for the real meets to start. It's gonna be a great season!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Way to go Bailey! and Sawyer - I guess ;). I have never heard of that race - it looks kinda fun.