Monday, March 19, 2012

Time Our for Women

I went to Time Out for Women over the weekend. The theme was Seek the Good, and the whole weekend was awesome! Thanks to my friend Heather, we had front row seats! Women from the area who have a story to tell are asked to share those stories. Heather was asked to submit hers (because it's amazing). Her story was the one they selected, so she got into the event for free, got front row seats, and got to have lunch with all the presenters on Saturday. Her story will be on the TOFW website next week. To read it, go to www.tofw.com, and click on the 'Women Like You' section. I promise, you'll be inspired!

Here's my front row seat :)!

Here's our cute group- Esther, Heather, Heather's mom Ondrea, and her sister in law Whitney.

Before the Friday night event even got started, I got to meet John Bytheway! I had my picture taken with him to show Sawyer and Bailey. They love him!

John Bytheway was the first presenter on Friday, and hands down my favorite! His talk was the Parable of the Marinade. He talked about surrounding (or marinading) ourselves in good. Next, Macy Robison shared her story through music. The final presenter of the night was Virginia H. Pearce. She is the second daughter of President Hinckley. She gave a great talk on forgiveness.

Saturday was fantastic! First we heard from Mary Ellen Edmunds. She talked about goodness. The next presenter was Emily Watts. She gave us 5 habits to make us happy. I was cracking up through her whole talk! Now I need to go buy her books! She was definitely one of my favorites of the weekend. Next we heard from D. Kelly Ogden. He talked about some people from the scriptures doing the highest good. When I heard what his topic was, I was afraid it would be boring, but it was excellent. Then we heard from Merrilee Boyack. She challenged us to give away 5 split seconds a day, and told us how to do it. She was another one of my favorites from the weekend. The last presenter to speak was Emily Freeman. She talked about how we can seek the good during the middle moments of our lives. In between all the speakers, Jericho Road performed. I thought they were great.

Jericho Road

The whole show was great! I can't wait until it comes to Idaho Falls again!

No comments: