Monday, June 28, 2021

Boise Weekend

 I have a big race coming up, and while I was making my training program, I thought it would be fun to go visit Bailey and Mason, and do one of my long runs in Boise. I was just planning on part of the Bogus 50/50 course in the foothills, but Bailey and Mason found me and awesome trail up in the mountains. Good thing too, because it was a scorcher that day, and the foothills would have been hot and miserable. We did the Stack Rock and Mr. Big loops linked together. I loved these trails! Bailey had a 15 miler that day, so she ran the first loop with me. It was fun to have company. Mason rode his mountain bike while we ran.Once we were finished with the 15 miles, they went home and got things ready for us to float the river, and I finished my 27 miler. It's always fun to run in a new place.

Stack Rock Trail

We started early and caught the sun coming up.

Stack Rock!

Aren't they the cutest?!?

I wish we could run together all the time.

Lots of pretty flowers!

This is where Bailey finished, and I headed back out for lots more miles.

I loved this flower. I have no idea what it was, but so unique and pretty.

When I was done running, we headed out to float the Boise River. It was so fun! We started at Barbara Park and got out right at Bailey and Mason's apartment, about 4.5 miles later. The river was filled with people floating. I'm not even kidding; just a constant stream of groups going down in front of us and behind us. We had some hilarious moments when we got too close to the shore and ran into the tree branches hanging over the river. I'm amazed that the swan didn't pop, or Bailey didn't poke and eye out. So funny!

When I got back from running, I walked into the apartment with Bailey sitting like this. 😂

We somehow managed to get the three tubes into my car, but then realized we needed to fit Mason back there too. Hahaha, don't worry, we got it. 😆

The swan and the beaver were champs, even going over the little waterfalls.

Mason's birthday was in May, but we weren't together since before that. So that night I took them to a belated birthday dinner. Mason picked Big Jud's, and we enjoyed lots of food.

Now that's a burger!

Every time I go to Boise, it's a quick whirlwind trip, but always so fun! I'm glad we only live 4 hours apart, but I can't wait until they are done with school, and hopefully move back closer to us. Thanks for letting me crash on your couch for two nights guys!

No comments: