Thursday, October 27, 2022

Boise Girl's Trip

Bailey and I have done a girl's trip each year since she was in middle school. We knew this year would be a little bit different since she is a nursing mamma now, but we didn't want to miss a year. We decided to do a quick weekend Boise staycation; that way we wouldn't be taking a ton of time away from her school work, and Nora could come with us for some of the stuff.

I drove to Boise on Friday, and got there right as she was finishing up class. We had just enough time for them to open their Halloween package, and then head out on our first adventure.

Oh man I missed this cute girl!

I hope we can convince Nora to love Halloween just as much as her Mom and Grams do.

There's nothing quite as fun as a little tissue paper!

Yay for Halloween books!

Yummy popcorn balls!

On Friday afternoon, I had scheduled a hair appointment for Bailey. Her hair grew a ton through her pregnancy, and I thought she might just want to get it trimmed up. Nope, she decided last minute to make a big change.

Before....

Before....

During....

After!
 We love it! That's about 9-10 inches lighter!

Such a cute, fresh change!

We went back to the apartment to show Mason her cute hair, feed Nora, and then head to dinner. We went to the funnest place called Sid's Garage. I highly recommend. Not only is the atmosphere fun, but the food is yummy, and the shakes are crazy!

Nora just wanted the shake!

I can't wait to go again and try a different shake.

I could just snuggle her all day!

That evening we did a little shopping.
On Saturday, we started the day with pedicures. Nora came with us, and she quickly won over our pedicure ladies.

Nora was a little gem.

She loves pedicures with Mom and Grams.

Ta-da! Cute toes!

OMG, I could die!

We spent most of the day shopping. Kassie and Jeremiah were in town too, so they met us at the mall, and Kassie finally got to meet Nora.

Yay!

Nora thought Jeremiah was fun! And get a load of her cute dimple!

Once Mason got off work, we dropped Nora off, and Bailey and I went out to dinner and did a little bit more shopping.
It was quick, and it certainly wasn't our usual 'sleep in the car and hike 40 miles in a national park' kind of trip, but it was perfect for the stage of life they are in right now. Bailey needed a weekend to focus on something besides school, and I got to see my sweet Nora Rae. Win Win! I'm sure we'll get back to our more adventurous trips once she is graduated and Nora is a little older, but for now, this was perfect.


No comments: