Sunday, August 13, 2023

A Visit From Nora

 Bailey wanted to take Nora on the Lake Solitude hike in Grand Teton Park, so they came for a weekend visit. 

On her way to see Grams and Pops.

Nora didn't get to spend much time with the animals, which is a bummer. We were gonna let her play with them more on Sunday morning when we had more time, but they ended up leaving early, so she didn't get the chance. She did get to see them for a few minutes when they first got there on Friday though.


I think the goats like having someone wandering around that is closer to their size.

Mark and I went on a date to the Aquarium last month, and I have been dying to take Nora there ever since. We got the chance to take her when they got here on Friday afternoon. So fun! These are the kinds of grandparent things I've been so excited about, and she's at the perfect age for them now.

Shark jaws!

She was so cute looking in all the aquariums at the beginning.

Cute little sea horse.


Mason and Bailey getting their cuticles cleaned by the little shrimp things.

Feeding the birds was a big highlight. Nora liked them as long as they didn't land on her. ๐Ÿ˜‚


They got to stay in there for about 5 minutes. I took a four and a half minute video because Nora was so stinking cute!

The rays are always my favorite! Nora got to feed them and pet them. She wasn't quite sure at first, but then did great.


This eel was hilarious with it's side eye. ๐Ÿ˜…

Looking at the giant fish.


Nora wasn't one bit scared of the big iguanas. She fed them and pet them.




There is a little sandbox ship. Nora went in it, and then didn't want to come back out to see the rest of the aquarium. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Rufus is the cutest porcupine. So sweet and gentle, and Nora got to feed him.


Feeding Rufus.

We had a couple tokens left to feed animals, so we went back through, and Mark and I took Nora in to feed the birds again.

I held up two different sea horses from the gift shop, and Nora picked the pink one. So cute!

The aquarium is so fun! I would highly recommend. It has lots of interactive stuff for little people to do.

We went to the store so Bailey and Mason could get some hiking snacks for the next day, and Nora was still loving on her little sea horse. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Nothing could make me happier, then this little munchkin sitting on my counter having dinner with us. 

Nora was getting ready for bed, because we had a very early start for our Lake Solitude hike in the morning, but somehow this game got started. Bailey must have done a hundred jump squats, and Nora was thoroughly entertained by it. ๐Ÿ˜‚



The Lake Solitude hike was the main reason Mason, Bailey, and Nora came to town. It's a 15.5 mile out and back up Cascade Canyon in Grand Teton National Park. Bailey wanted Mason to see it, and for it to be Nora's longest hike of the summer. I was super excited about it! Earlier in the week I was trying to halter a goat and ruptured a disc in my back. I was so stressed, and mostly stayed off my feet all week so that I would be good enough to go on the hike. I would have been devastated to miss hiking with Nora in the Tetons. I started out super timid and walking gingerly, but everything seemed good. I soon relaxed and was mostly able to enjoy the day. Nora is the cutest little hiker of all time! It was a long day; we left Ririe at 5:00 in the morning, and got back close to 10:00 that night. Nora was so good!

The boat ride across Jenny Lake.

A little detour to see Hidden Falls.

Mason-Bailey-Nora

Inspiration Point, overlooking Jenny Lake.


Heading up Cascade Canyon.

Stopping for trail snacks!

Nora would walk for awhile on parts of the trail to give her a break from the pack.


Going up the Canyon with the Tetons behind us.

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

We saw Lindsay and Bradi on the trail. They were doing the Paintbrush-Cascade loop. I love our IFTR peeps.


Bailey never misses a chance to get in a freezing cold lake. This one is literally just snow melt. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ


Bailey and Nora in Lake Solitude.

I loved hiking with this little cutie. I hope there are many more in our future.

Mason's entry into the lake was the best! ๐Ÿ’ฆ He didn't quite make the landing. I give him a 8.5 on the face plant though! ๐Ÿ˜‚


Steph-Tricia-Nora-Bailey-Mason-Mark

Nora-Bailey-Mason

Mark-Tricia-Nora-Bailey-Mason

I'm so grateful for Steph! She's always there for me through the good and bad times. She is finally cleared to be back on the trails since her surgery, and I'm so excited about it.
.
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

I thought it would be fun to get a picture of three generations of ladies who love the outdoors.

Steph and I were slow going back down (my back and her knee), and it paid off. We were able to see this cute little pika. We always hear them, but it's a little more rare to see them.

We saw two moose on the way back down the canyon. There was a bull pretty far away.


We got rained on a little bit on the way back. Nora didn't miss a beat; she just carried on hiking in the rain.


Seriously...very few things cuter than a little person having a great time hiking down a trail in the rain.

Pops got to carry Nora down the trail for awhile. She is beyond darling!


Here is the second moose we saw coming back down. They were both pretty good size.


Our moose friend.

It was a quick trip, and who knows when they will be back again, but I'm glad we got to do this.

No comments: