Wednesday, August 2, 2023

East Idaho Aquarium

We went with Steph and Eric to the East Idaho Aquarium. I'm gonna be totally honest, I thought it was going to be dumb. I guess growing up with Sea World, Scripps, and living by the ocean, I had low expectations for a small town aquarium in Idaho. 😂 I was very pleasantly surprised. I totally loved it! It was quaint, and they had lots of interactive stuff, and opportunities to feed the animals. We had a great time! Im pretty sure I said, "I can't wait to bring Nora here." at least 20 times. 

Eric-Steph-Tricia-Mark

Yes, sometimes we act like we're 12 years old.

They had lots of cool fish tanks at the beginning.

We found Dory!

This was a fun tank. You put your hand in, and these little shrimp looking things come and clean under your finger nails. It was weird!

Sharks!

There was a little shark alcove.

The rays are always my favorite to pet.

When you put your hand in this tank, tons of tiny fish would eat the dead skin off your hands.  It was a little bit of an electric feel. I think they use these in spas as part of pedicures in some places.

Mark was a little freaked out by it. 😆


These parrots (or whatever they are) were fighting and being super loud. When we finally got over by them, the red one knocked the blue one into the water below them. It couldn't get out, and there were giant fish in the tank. I thought for sure the bird was gonna get eaten. It eventually made it out, but I was pretty stressed for a minute.


Belly rubs for this cute guy.


😃😃😃

We bought food to feed the iguanas. Mark went in to feed them, and he made a really good friend. One of them climbed right up on him. They aren't supposed to do that, so we had to get a worker to come get it off. I was dying! So funny! 



😂😂😂

It climbed right up by his head. I'm surprised Mark stayed so calm.
😅😅😅

We got to feed a porcupine! It made my whole day!



The sloth was active while we were there, so we got to watch it for awhile. Super cool! It came down to get a drink, and it took forever! 😆


It really was a cool place, and I'm excited to go again with Nora.

No comments: