Saturday, January 23, 2010

Oh Please, Oh Please, Don't Eat My Trees!

We love our backyard. We had it looking so beautiful last summer. Then the dogs started eating all of our bushes. You would think that after getting a stick wedged across the roof of her mouth and jammed between her teeth, Oreo would have learned her lesson. Not so! Mark sent me a text on Friday night that the dogs had eaten the 3 trees in the backyard. I didn't think much of it...they pull a branch down here and there all the time. Boy was I in for a shocker when I got home and Mark had me look outside! He wasn't kidding....THEY ATE THE TREES!!!


I have to admit that I giggled a little bit when I looked out and this is what I saw. It is literally just a stick coming out of the ground now.

Here is our poor middle tree.

Here is the one in the top, right corner of the yard. Gotta love the big branch on the ground next to it.

Branches like this are ALL over our backyard now. Mark and the dogs have been getting along really good lately. He even bought them $30 worth of toys last weekend. I guess the toys weren't as fun as the trees. Needless to say, the feud is back on!


4 comments:

Jenni said...

Yikes! They really did chew them up. Poor naughty puppies. I bet they feel terrible about it. :(

Kassie Temple said...

That is soooo funny!!! Naughty little pups! I can't wait to come over and watch you put in a new backyard.:) And I thought kids were bad......

Ashlee said...

ugh! SOOOOOO not worth it! Those dogs would be history!!!!!!!!

M. Jorgensen said...

that would be awesome to have the freezer meal receipes!!! thanks!