Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Let Freedom Ring....and a kidney stone!

Happy 4th of July!
We started our day out with the parade! Even though the parade itself is pretty lame, it's so fun to be there. There is nothing like a small town parade that the whole city shows up for. It kind of makes me sad that me kids are too big to run for the candy though. Now, if I could just convince Mark that he is too big...


Later in the day, we did our traditional BBQ with Grammy and Papa!

Here is Bailey doing what she does best :)!

Sawyer was trying to pull a face every time I took a picture. So, I got a goofy smile from him. But, at least it was a smile. That was the last one he showed for the rest of the holiday.

He spent the rest of the 4th in the ER with a kidney stone. Right after he ate, he went inside with bad stomach pain. He sent Bailey out to get us. I thought he probably had a gas bubble, but when I got him to open the bathroom door, I knew it was something else. He was white as a ghost and all clammy. He said it was like a really bad cramp on his lower right side. I thought for sure he had appendicitis. We took him to the ER, and they did a blood and urine sample. He had a 3-4 mm kidney stone. I had a stone in 8th grade, and Mark gets them all the time, so we both felt so bad for him. Even after morphine and anti nausea meds, he was still throwing up and in a lot of pain. They came in and gave him more morphine, and that finally took the edge off. It's so hard watching your kid go through so much pain, and not being able to do a single thing about it. They did a CT scan, and knew they wouldn't be able to have the radiologist read it until the next day. So,they wished him luck, and sent us on our way with pain pills. He slept all night, but when he woke up the pain started again. That's where we are now, just hoping for it to go through quickly.

Once we found out what was wrong with Sawyer, it was just a waiting game in the hospital. So I told Mark to take Bailey, Grammy and Papa down to the fireworks.

They said the show was great. Mark even sent video clips of it to me on my phone. Their seats were right across the river from where they shoot them off. The wind was blowing, so they had ash and debris falling on them the whole time. The people in front of them had a big piece land on there blanket that was still burning. They had to put water on it. Crazy! I guess that's part of the fun of being so close.

God Bless America!



1 comment:

Nicole said...

Poor Sawyer!! I have never had one, but have had kids so if it is anything similar to that pain - it's awful! Looks like everyone else had fun though!