Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tidbits From the Month

We kicked off October with a relaxing weekend of General Conference. We did a Saturday morning Conference breakfast with the youth, and then watched the first session together. I LOVE these kids! I get discouraged sometimes with how the world is going, but it only takes a few minutes with these awesome kids to lift my spirits. If they are our future, then we are in great hands!


Some of my favorites from Conference:
Dieter F. Uchtdorf- The Lord uses a different scale than the world to measure the worth of souls.
Elaine S. Dalton- (to fathers) How do you raise a girl? By loving her mother! Love and honor your wife, so your daughter will never settle for less.
Your EXAMPLE as her father speaks louder than your words.
Jose Alonso- You don't need a planning meeting to serve. Just look, and take action.
Carl Cook- Look up!
Most of what we worry about is not of eternal significance.


We also had our first snow of the season at the beginning of October! We were so worried that we were skipping fall all together. But, after a few days, the snow melted, the weather warmed back up, and fall returned.


Bailey kept to her tradition of making a snowman with the first snow of the season. This one was cute, but didn't last too long.

Our friends asked if Bailey would take care of their dog while they were out of town. The keypad for their garage door ended up being out of batteries. The only way Bailey could get to the dog was through the dog door! I thought it was HILARIOUS! The dog loves her, and gets excited to see her. Princess would either try to come out the door while Bailey was going in, or else would lick her face when she was half way through. I stood outside the fence laughing my head off, and taking a few pictures of course :)! I'm such a great mom!



Good thing she's a tiny thing!

I also celebrated my 38th birthday at the beginning of October. I hate getting older, but I do love my birthdays :)! Mark always sends me around the house on a scavenger hunt to find my presents. It's become such a fun tradition. This year I found lots of my favorite candy, a Temple bracelet I've been wanting, a gift card to Banes and Noble (my favorite thing EVER), and a really nice straightening iron. I get pretty spoiled every year! I also spent the day in the pouring rain at the kids cross country meet. It was great, because both kids ran their best races of the season! Happy birthday to me! I couldn't have asked for a better present!
But that's not all! Bailey's best friend Marlee is an AMAZING cake decorator. Bailey had her make me a birthday cake, and they surprised me with it. I LOVED it! Almost to pretty to eat!

So cute!

Marlee with her masterpiece!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Glad you had a happy birthday - by the way is that the temple bracelet you wear in the temple and it holds your card? I saw one once and thought it was a great idea. Cool cake. You are a good mother to sit in the rain and watch the kids run - I hate the cold and running yuck. I saw Bailey making her snowman ; )
How fun of Mark to keep your birthday special with a scavenger hunt too.