Monday, November 8, 2021

We're Gonna Be Grandparents!

Mark and I went to Utah at the end of August to watch Bailey run the Mount Nebo Marathon. We got there before Bailey and Mason, so we checked into the hotel we were sharing and walked to a restaurant to get on the wait list for dinner. When Bailey and Mason pulled up to the restaurant, they told us to come out to their car because they had something to show us. They gave us a shoe box, and when we opened it, there was a pair of baby shoes, with a sign that said, "Baby's first marathon! Finish line April 2022." It took us a second to catch on, and then we were shocked (but in the very best kind of way)! 

We are so excited!

Bailey ran the marathon and kicked butt! Even while growing a  tiny person, she managed to  get great results!
2nd out of 20 in her age group
14th out of 81 females
41st out of 198 runners
Time: 3:45
Pace: 8:37
I'm amazed by her, but not surprised!

At the beginning of September we took our annual girl's trip. She was just starting to get morning sickness. It was fun to be with her for the start of this. If we opened the ice chest, certain smells would set her off. On the drive back to Boise, I had to pull over super fast in a very unsafe place, so she could dry heave outside the car for 10 minutes. 

How could I not take a picture! I wanted to document all the joys of early pregnancy. 😅

When she got back to Boise, the sickness progressed to a humorous inconvenience, and I would get hilarious texts like the one below.

Poor Mason! Good thing he's a good sport! 

It didn't take long until it wasn't humorous anymore. She finally reached the point of being miserable. Having such long classes, and having to wear a mask was not good. She had to run out of class a few times. Blah, I remember the feeling, and I don't envy her one bit! 

The text started looking like this; homework being done from the bathroom floor, so she could lean over and throw up when she needed too. She was a trooper through it!

She is now into her second trimester and is starting to feel much better. She still gags a lot, but hasn't been throwing up. She is starting to get her energy back, and getting to the fun, exciting part of the pregnancy.

They finally felt comfortable telling people, and made an announcement on social media. I was thrilled to not have to keep it a secret anymore!

She loves Halloween, so their announcement was perfect!

👏👏👏

Mason is the real MVP! He had to do a lot for the month that she couldn't even step into the kitchen.

I love her cute little belly sooo much! 🤰

Now I get the cutest pictures of her baby bump!



I feel like I was born to be a grandma! I never wanted my kids to rush into it, but even when they were teenagers, I could imagine how fun it would be. Mark and I are beyond excited! Since Mark's parents are Grammy and Papa, we decided to shorten that, and our grandparent names are going to be Grams and Pops. Now Bailey and Mason need to hurry up and finish school and move back closer to us!

No comments: