Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Cider Bend-November

 Lots of exciting things happened on the farm in November! 

Donkeys:

The donkeys are still as cute as ever! I just love them so much! Sometimes when things get too stressful, or I just need a break, I go hang out in the barn. If I sit down in the stall, Clover tries to climb in my lap. In the video below, I have my legs crossed, and one of her legs is in my lap. 😁


Willow is still the best at exploring, or being nosy; just call it what you want. πŸ˜… We had sprinklers put in, and Willow had to sniff (and try to taste) every sprinkler flag on the driveway. We have a long driveway, so it made for a slow walk.




Shortly after the sprinklers went in, the sod arrived! This was extra exciting for Willow. The pallets of sod lined the driveway, and she stopped to sample every single one on our walk. Again, it was very slow going!

Cutest little inspector.


I got the perfect picture of the girls napping. They are so stinking CUTE!

There is a rubber chicken trend going around social media with donkeys. I happen to have a rubber chicken in my Halloween box, so I decided to give it a try. I put the rubber chicken in their corral. After a couple days, I noticed it in different places. Then I finally saw them playing with it. Now they LOVE it. It's their favorite toy. Willow even tries to whack Clover in the heads with it.πŸ˜‚ So funny! Below is the reel I made for Instagram.


Here's some more rubber chicken fun!


One of the most exciting things to happen on the farm in November is that we bought a horse trailer! It's so cute and charming! It's from the 70s, and needs a lot of TLC, but we love it, and it will be a fun project for Mark to work on. I'm so excited to finally be able to take the donkeys places.


Don't you worry, Willow. inspected the trailer too!


She approves!

I was walking out to the barn one evening to feed the animals, and Willow gave me what I refer to as a 'half ass bray.' So funny! πŸ˜‚


Willow is still on a diet, but she sneaks trail snacks whenever possible. πŸ˜…


Goats:
The goats are still hilarious! The most entertaining part of my day is hanging out in the corral with them.


I made a couple reels of their awesome dance moves. πŸ˜‚



πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†



Miscellaneous:

Still love the sunrises and sunsets on the farm.

We've been cleaning out the barn, and everything is so dusty from sitting in there for over a year. Reeses was helping us, and this is what she ended up looking like. πŸ˜…She looks like the lab version of Petey from the Little Rascals.

And the most exciting news of all.....we FINALLY moved into the farmhouse! What a journey it has been! It's still not 100% done, but done enough to live in!

Once they turned on the electricity, we could try out the jellyfish lights. I love them!

As I mentioned above, we had some landscaping done. We got the sprinklers and sod down along the driveway, and in the front yard. We'll finish it up and do the backyard in the spring. We cut it pretty close getting it done before winter.


It looks so good! I was so glad to not have to deal with mud all winter.

One half of the driveway.

The other half.


I've been so excited about having a big front porch. That was the very first thing I put together.


We frantically got some of the main floor put together on Thanksgiving weekend, because we were hosting the dinner at our place. It's still a work in progress, but here is a sneak peak of some of the rooms. Hopefully there will be more to share in the next couple months. We are loving having space again, and are really enjoying being in our house.

Looking into the kitchen from the dining area.

The dining area.

The dining area from the other direction. We still have a shattered sliding glass door. 😐

The laundry room.

This is the area that comes in from the backdoor, and the garage. This picture is taken from the kitchen, and that hall is where our lockers are, and leads to the laundry room.

We feel very blessed, and are looking forward to a nice Christmas season in our house.

No comments: