Saturday, September 27, 2008

Grammy takes 'Breast Cancer Pink' to a whole new level!

I can't stop smiling over what I'm about to post. As most of you know, Mark's Mom Nada (Grammy) is fighting breast cancer right now. She had to leave her home in Idaho Falls to be treated in California. We e-mail back and forth with her regularly. She sent us an e-mail 2 weeks ago that said she still had her hair, but that it was really starting to thin out. Sawyer sent her a response and told her not to worry about her hair. He said to enjoy it while it's there, and have fun with it. Then he suggested that she dye it pink (that is SO Sawyer)! Here are pictures that we received today. This will give you just a small glimpse of why my kids adore their Grammy SOOOOO much. She is in the middle of the biggest trial of her life, yet she still has it in her nature to be positive and upbeat. She can still manage to put a smile on our face....okay, more than a smile...we were down right cracking up!!! We love you Grammy...you are truly THE BEST!!!


Blonde hair, pink hair, or no hair...it doesn't matter...you are beautiful!

7 comments:

Grammy said...

You guys are so AWESOME!!! I couldn't do this without all of your love and support. You are truly the wind beneath my wings--and I will FLY!! I will smile through this even on the BAD days!!
LOVE YOU TO PIECES!!

Ashlee said...

That is SO awesome! I knew what it was going to be when micah told me I was supposed to check your blog! She is soooooo cool! I know how hard this chemo stuff is, and the better the attidtude, the easier it will be. It's to bad she can't be here closer to you guys. I think this blog thing is a great way to stay close when you're thousands of miles apart! Take care!

Nicole said...

I know I don't know her, but she looks like such a fun and great person!

Christina said...

I LOVE it!! What a good sport! She must be one amazing lady.

Andrea said...

We don't know Grammy either, but after the messages that you posted and now this it sounds like we all need to know her!!! Good luck Grammy you are in our prayers!

Dana said...

Nada...You rock! You will find more strength in yourself than you ever even knew exsisted!

My motto is "If I can't laugh about it...I just cry, and laughing is more fun!!"

Hang in there!

Kassie Temple said...

She is so awesome. I love the new look. Your kids are so lucky to have such a cool grandma! We miss you guys.