Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurray for Reeses!


Okay, let me start by saying that our dog is a spaz. Now, on with my story. It's Mark's Friday off, so we got the kids off to school and decided to go for a jog along the canal road behind our house. We decided that Reeses needed to get some energy out, so we had her go with us. Part way down the canal road we had the idea to let her off her leash. Yes, I know...not a big deal for most dogs. But when your dog has "issues" like ours does, then it's a HUGE deal. Well, she went crazy with excitement. She would run down and jump in the water, go flying through bushes, the whole nine yards. But, she stayed with us the whole time! If she lingered in the water too long, all we had to do was call, and she came. For those of you who have met Reeses (and know how truly ADHD she is) you understand my excitement. I smiled through our whole run because I was so proud. There may be hope for her after all. She got lots of treats when we got home.

3 comments:

Kunz fam said...

That's is too funny! I'm glad you found my blog. I've missed being in contact with everyone. I am so ready for a girls night out or something!

Ashlee said...

Your dog is a spaz! I think this is the first time I heard you say you were smiling about her. I guess it's about time!:)

Kassie Temple said...

Yeah for Kit Kat...we love her...especially Honas!