Thursday, September 11, 2008

Patriot Day


It's been 7 years since the terrorist attacks on our country. I went about my day like I normally do....in fact, I had a great day. But when I get a quiet moment, I still remember everything about September 11, 7 years ago. I remember getting Sawyer ready for school and Scott calling to tell me to turn on the TV. I remember being on a treadmill next to Kara Jo, watching the TV at the exact moment the towers fell. I remember being sick to my stomach at what I saw and heard, yet not being able to pull myself away from the news. I had the same feeling as a lot of others...that I wanted my family to stay together. There was always a sense of panic when we had to separate to go about our normal lives. I'm not writing this to relive that terrible experience. I'm writing it because I'm glad that I can still reflect on what happened. I can reflect on it, but I don't have to dwell on it. That's what I love about this country. Even after such a terrible thing, our country is so resilient, that people can remember, but still have a great day, just like I did!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

So True! I think we will all remember how we felt that day and the many months after it! It's amazing how many risked their lives to save others. As bad as we think this world has become, it's good to know that in time of tragedy, we can pull together and do what needs to be done.