Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Harry Potter Mania!


We love Harry Potter! Bailey was the only one in our family who hadn't read the books. She decided about a month into the school year that she would start reading the first one. It's only been 4 months, and she finished the whole series last night! She was SO addicted...even worse than the rest of us. She would hide out in her room for hours on the weekends and not stop reading until her eyes hurt. She felt every emotion of the books...she would laugh, cheer, get scared, get mad, or cry, depending on what was happening. She said she is happy to be finished, but sad that it's over at the same time. That's exactly how I felt when I finished them. I'm so glad that she loves to read. Way to go Bailey...we are very proud of you!

6 comments:

Christina said...

Way to go!! I hope my girls develop a love for reading. There are some great books out there to keep kids interested, thank goodness.

Nicole said...

I wondered what age kids started getting cell phones!!! He's a good boy, I'm sure he's responsible enough for one. I have never read that series, but I love to read. Good job Bailey! That's how I read, until I can't stay awake anymore or the book ends! You should read the Fablehaven books - you will like them.

Amber said...

Way to go Bailey! That is really an impressive feat.

The Dodson Family said...

Good job Bailey! I loved all the books. I don't really read much, but I powered through all the books. I just started reading the Twilight books. I have to keep up with Kira.

Eric, Kris, Kate & Emma said...

Is she having Post-Potter withdrawls like me? It was that withdrawl that caused me to read Twilight since everyone raved about them. Unfortunately, I am not a Twilight fan and was severely disappointed.

When I first started reading Harry Potter, I used to have dreams that I adopted him from the Dursleys, fed him well, and took him to Disneyland!

Ashlee said...

Way to go Bailey! I can't believe she read the whole series! Emma just started reading the magic tree house books and LOVES them. I hope she continues to enjoy reading cuz I hated it!