Thursday, February 14, 2019

January Snowshoeing!


We went snowshoeing every weekend in January! We go to and see the most beautiful places! It kind of makes me want winter to stay for awhile....kind of.

Harriman Park:
We went up to Harriman Park right before Bailey left to go back to school, so we could try running in our snowshoes. It was fun, but really hard. Mark and I have been considering getting running snowshoes, so we wanted to try it out in the ones we have. After this year, we will be ready to upgrade our shoes, and I think we'll try some running ones.




Palisades:
Mark and I snowshoed past lower Palisades Lake. We were the only ones on the trail, and it was gorgeous! We saw a moose too, so that made it extra cool! This has always been one of our favorite trails to run and hike, but it's a whole different experience in the winter.


The whole 9 miles felt like we were walking through a postcard!


I love this picture! Find Mark!



The Lower Lake



Watch my video till the end to hear me biff it! It's hard to run in the snow, and film at the same time.

So beautiful!

Caldera Rim:
Someone at work told Mark about a trail at the top of the Ashton Hill that volunteers clear and mark. We decided to try it. The trail was awesome, and we happen to be there on a day there was freezing fog. It made everything look so cool! There was not a single branch that wasn't covered. I felt like we were walking through a Christmas movie! Unfortunately only half of the trail was cleared, so we only went a few miles. It was a magical few miles though!










I can't wait to see what beautiful places we explore in Febraury! Stay tuned...

No comments: