Thursday, February 14, 2019

Soup in the Snow

Mark and I got this crazy idea to sign up for 'Soup in the Snow' this year. It's a winter trail run to Lower Palisades Lake and back. No snowshoes, just good old running shoes. That would have been just fine, except the fact that it dumped snow up there right before the run! Holy smokes, it was so hard! A group of guys had gone out and snowshoed it in the wee hours of the morning to check the conditions and try and cut some trail for us. That helped, but it was still so deep. We'd be truckin' along, and then just sink through up to our waist! This year is the most snow they've ever had at the event. It was hard, but definitely a fun adventure that we want to do again. We saw another moose at the trailhead before we even started! When we made it back to the trailhead, there was a fire, soup, rolls, and all kinds of treats to enjoy. 

This was our view driving up there.

Only 15 people were crazy enough to come out and do this. They usually have more, but I guess the snow scared a lot of them away.

You can see from the video how slow going it was. It was like running 9 miles through the sand! 


Nate was out on the trail taking pictures. I love the scenery in this one. I'm glad he captured some of it, because I couldn't take my eyes off the trail to enjoy it, or I would fall or sink up to my waist.


We made it to the lake!

You have to do a push up on the bridge at the Lower Lake before you head back down.

Yay me!

Yay Mark!

Nate took this one for us! :)

No comments: