Friday, January 10, 2020

November Group Runs

We did a lot of group runs in November!

Upper Palisades Lake:
Jenn and I did a midweek run to Upper Palisades Lake. It was a weird time of year; after fall, but before the snow. It's the only time I've seen the lake and not been amazed by it. It just looked so drab compared to normal. 

The Lower Lake

The Upper Lake
 Women's Runs:
We don't usually do the women's runs through the winter, but this year we've still been meeting every once in awhile for an 'in town' run.

Amanda, Me, Angie, and Georgina.
 Spitfire Preview Run:
Jenn took a group of us on a preview run of the Spitfire course. I wanted to see what I was getting myself into before I signed up for the 25K. The Butte is hard and hilly, but I really like running there.

Thumbs up!

Me and Jenn at the top.

We had a big group of us run it!
 Run Your Ice Off Group Runs
Mark and I started going to Mike Taylor's group runs on Wednesday nights. It's just nice to run someplace a little bit different than around our neighborhood.

Different people show up each week, so it's been fun!

Bailey was here to go with us over Thanksgiving break.
 IFTR 'Urban' Trail Runs
In October I started going to the early morning Thursday runs. I've really enjoyed them. I've learned a lot of new trail options around town that are good in the winter. I've had a goal to run outside through the winter this year. These runs have proven to me that you can run in any type of weather, as long as you have the right gear for it. 

Jenn, Nick, Dan, Me, Jeff, Stacy
It's so much more fun to run with a group. The miles tick by so much faster.

No comments: