Monday, January 13, 2020

Ultimate Book Nerd Challenge

Bailey and I have done the Book Nerd Challenge that the Idaho Falls Library offers for the past 3 years. The past couple years has been a 50 book challenge. You have to read 50 books in 50 weeks that fit into the categories that they give you. It's been challenging, but super fun. We've totally expanded our reading interests from it. 
The 2019 challenge offered an Ultimate Book Nerd Challenge of 75 books. The prize was a really cool overnight bag, so I decided to give it a try. Holy smokes it was hard! I love to read, but I'm not a fast reader at all. Luckily audio books count too. I finished it! I read or listened to a total of 77 or 78 books this year. I always had two books going at a time (an audio book and a regular book). I listened when I walked the dogs every day, cleaned the house, drove somewhere far, folded laundry, etc. I'm going back to the 50 book challenge in the future. I want to be able to listen to music, and podcasts again this year, and not be so consumed with finishing books.
Bailey completed the 50 book challenge, which is very impressive considering she was working and taking 18 credits. 

Here I am with my cute book nerd notebook! I love the challenge, and I can't wait to see what fun things I get to read in 2020!

No comments: