Thursday, August 19, 2021

El Vaquero Loco 50K

 A group of IFTR runners went to Wyoming to run El Vaquero Loco. Amanda, Mark, Cozeth, and I ran the 50K. Steph, Georgina, and Larissa ran the 25K. It was one of the most beautiful, and challenging courses I have done. Even with the very smokey air, the views, wildflowers, and mountain lakes were spectacular. I would totally do this one again. Mark and I were definitely not on our game for this one. He felt sick to his stomach for most of the race, and had a hard time getting any food down. I have just been feeling drained, and I was light headed for most of this one. I was a little woozy about a half hour after we finished. After doing some reading, we've decided I am probably iron deficient at the moment. It explains a lot of things that I just haven't been putting together. I'm going to try a supplement and rest up for the next couple weeks. I hope that will do the trick, because I have some serious Grand Canyon training to start after that. Wish me luck! Even with both of us not feeling super great, it was still a great race. A great one to end a fun race season with!

The start line!
Amanda-Mark-Tricia-Cozeth

The 25K runners started at our turn around point. So we ran past them on our way out. It was fun to see our friends! We took a quick picture with Georgina.

Georgina and Mark

We didn't get a picture with Larissa, but we found Steph!

Mark caught back up to us at the turn around point, and the three of us stayed together the rest of the way. I should rephrase that to 'Amanda dragged our butts to the finish line.' There is a pretty waterfall behind us.

The skies looked much better on the way back.

So pretty!

yellow flowers and paintbrush along the creek.

This lake was amazing!

I love this picture of Amanda running down the hill toward the lake.

Ahhh, the flowers!

My favorite running buddy!

This view was too smokey to enjoy on the way out, but it looked a lot better on our way back. We just finished our last brutal climb. We just had 3 miles of downhill left!

Hallelujah! So glad to be done!

Yay!

This is the pretty lake where our start and finish was.

All of the IFTR people finished and did great.

No comments: