Thursday, August 19, 2021

July Running

 

Women's Runs:

We have been doing Lost Souls routes for all of our women's runs the past couple months to help everyone complete their 50 routes. I've finished all my routes, but I still go on all the runs, because I love all the ladies, and we have so much fun!

Buckskin Morgan/Rolly Polly Loop:

Buckskin Morgan/Rolly Polly Loop
Amanda and I just hiked a shorted route while the rest of the ladies ran. We were just coming off of Beaverhead, and we had some tired legs.

Maw Maw Clowards:

Maw Maw Clowards
Seems like we've been getting more new ladies each week, and it's awesome!

We made it to the ridge!

On our way back down.

Five of the ladies got their submarine dunks in while we were there.

Lookout:

Lookout in Kelly Canyon.

Our pace wasn't very good on this one. Way too many huckleberry bushes along the way. 😋

Yum!

Kid's Fishing Pond with Steph:

I met Steph at the Kid's Fishing Pond to help her finish that route. It was a beautiful evening. We even saw a beaver run across the dirt road and swim in the pond.


So pretty!

Batman/Ridgeline Loop:
Mark and I set out to do a new loop in the Palisades area. We have done most of it before, but we connected two trails via a really cool ridge line. It was 21.6 miles, with 4700 feet of gain. I may have attempted it too close after Beaverhead, because it kicked my butt! It ended up being mostly a long hike, because neither of us really had the umph to run. Even with the super smokey skies, the views were amazing! We will definitely do it again!

Pretty, smokey sunrise at the start.

Haha, I spy Mark! Without the Palisades Ultra this year, some of the trails got a bit overgrown. 

We thought we might be too late in the season for the wildflowers, but they were amazing! Yellow flowers down low, paintbrush up high, and purple flowers everywhere!

Just finished climbing up Garden Canyon. That's a big climb!

Behind us is the ride line we will go across. Great views off either direction.


Searching for mountain goats.

So pretty!


Look at the fun trail behind Mark!

Lunch time!

Taking it all in.

We thought we were done climbing at this point. Nope, we sure weren't.

😍😍😍

We lost the trail for a bit and had to go straight down the side of a mountain to find it again. Hahaha, that took us awhile.

This was my favorite part of the whole trail. Looking at the Paradise Loop!

Yay for purple flowers!

I never question why they call it the Paradise Loop.

Oh my gosh, I was dying! 😂

We've done sooooo much more running in June and July, but we're waiting for the end of the Lost Souls Challenge to post.

No comments: