Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Grit League Trail Series

Dan created a Grit League Trail Series to go along with his Grit League Obstacle Courses. While the kids do the obstacle course, the adults can run laps around the parks that the event is at. You run as many laps as you can in the time limit. You have to start your final lap before 45 minutes is up, but then you can take as long as you want on the final lap. You earn pins based on how many laps you complete. Steph and I signed up, and it was a lot of fun. We ran at Freeman Park, Ryder Park, Tautphaus Park, Sandy Downs, The Dam Island, and the Kid's Fishing Pond.  I did nine events, and enough laps to earn all four pins.

Our very first Trail Series at Freeman Park.

We got this cute bag, and the 'Explorer' pin just for signing up.

We ran two times at Sandy Downs.

I earned my 'Adventure' pin for 16 laps (miles).

The Dam Island.

I earned my 'Ultra' pin for 32 laps (miles).

We had lots of smoke in the air from all the fires, so the sun was bright red at Freeman Park.

Steph and I both earned our 'Beast Mode' pins for 40 laps (miles).

My bag is so fun now!

All my Trail Series pins.


No comments: