Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Extreme Book Nerd Challenge 2022

I completed my 6th year of the Idaho Falls Library's Extreme Book Nerd Challenge. I read 50 books in 50 weeks that fit into a list of their categories. I love this challenge, because it gets me out of my comfort zone with reading. This was most likely my last year of doing their version of the challenge. As soon as our house sells, I won't be in the boundary for the library anymore. It also takes up so much time. I never get to listen to podcasts, or other things, because it takes me almost the whole time to complete the 50 books. Next year I'm doing my own challenge, so stay tuned for that. I can't wait to see where reading takes me in 2023!

The prize this year was a cute cup.

Here are a few of my favorites from the year:

*Where the Crawdads Sing (reread)

*The Impossible First

*Leaving Time

*The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue

*I'd Rather Be Reading

*Cursebreaker Trilogy


Here are a few that I didn't care for. Some of these had great reviews, and I had high hopes for them, but they weren't my favorites.

*A Gentleman In Moscow

*Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore

*Murder on the Orient Express

*The Reckless Oath We Made

No comments: