Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Taeloni- A Very Hard Goodbye

I had mentioned in a previous post that November was not a great month, and I was very happy to see it go. At the end of November, the world lost Taeloni Robison. I'm finally at a place where I feel like I can blog about Taeloni. She was a neighbor, and one of my former young women. She developed a problem with her lungs, and without getting into all the details, she ended up on the lung transplant list. She was a beautiful, healthy, active 24 year old. She ended up passing away before a match became available. This whole awful process only took two months. To say that I was devastated is an understatement. How does this even happen? I've never really been rocked, or had my faith shaken quite like this. There are very few people who I feel like you can look right into their heart and soul, and literally see and feel their goodness. Taeloni was that person 100%. If you knew her, you're nodding your head at this, because you know exactly what I'm taking about. She was the definition of a pure soul, and a person that just wanted everyone to be happy. Taeloni came to this earth to be a beacon for her friends and family. I feel like she guided and changed people in her life, and continues to do that in her death. 

The family had a very small viewing for Taeloni when her body made it back to Idaho. I was really sick, but I knew I had to be there. I was dreading it so much. How do you look her parents in the eye? What do you say? How could I watch her brother struggle? How could I look at her laying so still, and realize her time on earth was truly over? All these thoughts and so many more were going through my head. I went, I did all the hard things, and I walked away feeling so much peace. It was hard, but it was exactly what I needed. It's hard to explain that you can walk away from something like that feeling more peace and understanding then when you walked in. It's crazy that her parents were the ones comforting others. I've seen first hand how Heavenly Father makes you strong when there is no way you could be strong on your own. Her family is amazing, and so many people there drew comfort from them. Wood Funeral Home is amazing also; they had just ordered this beautiful custom hearse. They named it 'Lady Taeloni,' and after the viewing, Taeloni took her final drive through Idaho Falls to all her favorite places. It was a really cool experience. 

At the beginning of December they had a public celebration of life for Taeloni. I was able to really enjoy this, and felt like it really was a celebration. So so so many reasons to celebrate this short, beautiful life. As we were leaving, I told Mark that every time I talk to Nick (Taeloni's dad), I feel so much better.

 I have so many pictures of Taeloni, and I really wanted to post them on my blog, but I haven't been able to go there yet. I may come back and add them in the future. For now, here are a couple I took at her celebration.

Letting off balloons to her favorite Harry Styles song.

This is the hearse that was named after Taeloni, and that she took her final ride in.

💔'Lady Taeloni'💔


No comments: