Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Bailey!


Bailey turned 9 years old today. I'm not sure if that makes me happy or sad. A little of both I guess. Today she got her family presents. She got a music stand, a guitar stand and strap, some picks, and of course the High School Musical 3 Soundtrack. She was thrilled!



Bailey,
Every time I look at a picture of you, it makes me smile. It also makes me realize how fast you're growing up. It seems like just yesterday you were my curly haired baby girl. Where has the time gone? I've blinked, and now I have this beautiful, outgoing, kind, confident, smart young lady as a daughter. I am so proud of you. I love the way you treat people. You always want people to feel good about themselves, and you always make sure they fit in. There is always room in your heart for one more friend. I love the way you give your best on everything you do. I've learned that when you set a goal, or say you're going to do something, it WILL get done. Your determination inspires me. I love that you're a "daddy's girl." I love the way you follow Dad around and help him with all of his projects. You don't just help him until you get bored...you see every project through until the end. I could go on and on about all the things I love about you. I couldn't ask for anything more in a daughter than what you've given me. I love you, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you...or better yet, what you hold for the future.
Love, Mom

7 comments:

Tammi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAILEY!!!! I can't believe it has been 9 years either:) What a lucky girl to have such a great family, a real blessing in these times. Hope it is a reflective wonderful day!

Kunz fam said...

9 years old wow! I love your sweet letter. Happy Birthday Bailey!!!!!:) I'd sing, but it might make you cry...(not because it sounds so good:)

Amber said...

Hi Bailey,
Happy Birthday! We all wish we lived closer to your family. We hope you have a wonderful day and know how much you are loved.

Uncle Scott, Aunt Amber, clayton, Brooklyn, Nathan, & Chloe

Christina said...

How sweet! How do I raise my girls to be just like that? You must be an amazing mom... with an amazing daughter. BTW- I LOVED LOVED LOVED the Halloween costumes. You guys are a way fun family!

Nicole said...

Wow Bailey - 9 years!! Happy Birthday. I know that you are a few years older than my girls, but they adore you!

Kassie Temple said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAILEY!! Sorry that we weren't their to buy her an obnoxius rodent that sings birthday songs. Your letter to her was very sweet! We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks. I am sure you are counting down!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday you DIVA you!!!!! Tricia you are such a beautiful mom. Not having had a great relationship with my mom growing up, it brought tears to my eyes to see how you treat Bailey and how much you love her. I wish that I could've heard things like that from my mom. I'm glad that Bailey is also the type of girl that appreciates you and knows that she is lucky to have you. I hope you know how amazing you are just for that =). ANYWAY =) I tagged you so go to my blog and check out the details =).